Since 1956, Ute Construction’s vision has been to provide a personal, quality experience that elevates the life of our customers, and we continue this commitment to excellence everyday.

Answers to common questions

Click a question below.


Can I get a free estimate?

– Yes, we will inspect and prepare an estimate for repairs free of charge, usually within 48 hours of your call. BACK TO TOP

Why choose a licensed contractor?

– A licensed contractor is held accountable for completion of work as well as quality of workmanship. A non-licensed contractor may SEEM to be less-expensive, however far too many homeowners have been ripped off by these fly-by-night outfits. BACK TO TOP

Do you background check your employees?

Yes, every Ute Construction employee has a thorough background check completed prior to hiring. BACK TO TOP

Can I get a guarantee in writing?

– Yes – at your request we will provide a written guarantee for quality of workmanship. BACK TO TOP

What do I do if I need emergency services? –

CLICK HERE to be redirected to the Arrow Restoration website where you can get immediate assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.BACK TO TOP

Does Ute Construction work for the insurance company? –

No, we work for you, the homeowner. However, due to our years of experience serving Las Vegas, we have developed good working relationships with most insurance companies that enable us to effectively work with them in your best interest. BACK TO TOP

The insurance process and terminology.

- The insurance process can be frustrating, confusing and may provide a settlement that is insufficient to complete repairs. Our experience and reputation in this industry will ensure you are treated fairly because the insurance adjusters in this city know we do the job right.

Some insurance terms you may come across are:

  1. Adjuster – This is the representative from the insurance company that prepares and submits estimates and reports regarding your damage to the insurance company.
  2. Depreciation – the amount of money the insurance company deducts from your settlement in response to age and/or wear and tear.
  3. RCV – Replacement Cost Value – this is the total or ‘gross’ figure to repair or replace what was damaged.
  4. ACV – Actual Cash Value – this represents the figure after subtracting depreciation and your deductible from the RCV figure.
  5. Holdback – The holdback is typically the depreciation figure that is held by the insurance company until all repairs have been completed and proof of completion has been submitted to them.
  6. Recoverable Depreciation – As above, this is money withheld by the insurance company until a proof of repairs form is submitted. After proof of completion is received, they will issue a check to complete their settlement for repairs.
  7. Non-Recoverable Depreciation – The money that is deducted due to wear and tear that is NOT recoverable. You may wish to call your insurance company to learn if this applies to your policy and if so, what portions of the policy (coverage on the house may be RCV but the coverage on your pool or fence may be settled ACV). BACK TO TOP

My House is unliveable, can I get help finding temporary residence?

If you find your home unlivable due to a loss, we can work with your insurance company as well as specialist companies set up just for this situation. Usually, a temporary dwelling would be required for a fire or other large catastrophe. BACK TO TOP

Do I have to pay up-front?

Typically the only up-front payment would be your deductible. With our years of experience we know the insurance company may take months to get you your settlement and we understand. We will be in contact with your insurance adjuster and make all efforts to keep any stress with regard to payment off of your shoulders. BACK TO TOP

What is a work authorization form?

A Work Authorization is an agreement between you, the homeowner and Ute Construction to allow us to complete the required repairs to your house. BACK TO TOP

What is a work completion form?

A Work Completion Form is a form which you, the homeowner, signs when all repairs have been completed. This form is typically sent to the insurance company as proof that all repairs have been completed to your satisfaction, so they will release the ‘holdback’ to complete your settlement. BACK TO TOP

I might have mold, what do I do?

If you think you may have mold, do not disturb it, call a professional. The process of removing mold is typically referred to as mold remediation or mold abatement. Our certified staff will check to ensure your home is free from dangerous high levels of mold spores. For more information regarding mold, click HERE. BACK TO TOP

My possessions are damaged, can Ute Construction help?

If your possessions are damaged as a result of a loss, we can help clean and/or pack-out the contents to enable repairs to begin. This is typically covered by your insurance policy, however you should discuss this with your insurance adjuster to ensure coverage is afforded before work begins. BACK TO TOP